Monday, September 12, 2011

Spring in the garden

As you can tell from the "Four seasons in one day" weather we have had for the last few days, spring is here! I have planned to enlarge our vege garden since last summer, when it was neglected and left to grow weeds due to the fact I was heavily pregnant with E! Nathan and I have bothe been busy. He has been building 2 new beds which are now ready to be dug down and lined and filled with soil and compost. As we live so close to the beach our garden is basically sand, and if we want to grow anything we have to ship the soil in!




I have been busy planting plants and seeds and so far I am very pleased with how the garden progresses. As the weather improves I plan to enlarge the range that is growing in our garden, and I really want to try to grow almost all our vegetable needs over the summer and autumn months.




Last autumn Mia and I planted daffodils. It was really easy and it makes me feel so good to look out the window at their beautiful white and yellow heads and know that spring is here and the weather is improving!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Sara, Your backyard has changed so much since last time I visited. You will sure have plenty of vegetables if you plant both beds. How exciting!!!

    Pipxxx

    ReplyDelete