Friday, October 28, 2011

Me, a movie and a great big, chocolate nut icecream!!

Guess where I have just been? To the movies, by myself, no children! That is the longest time I have ever had away from Ellie I think and she is 8 months old in a couple of days. I haven't been posting very much over the last week or so as I am at my Mum and Dad's house and haven't had much opportunity for sewing. I have been pinning a lot on pinterest and cutting out bunting triangles, but that is about it.
So what did I see at the movies, and why am I posting about watching a movie? Well I went to see Midnight in Paris, but basically it could have been any movie that required a little bit of
concentration and background general knowledge to understand.
While I was in the theatre and they were talking about writers such as Ernest Hemingway, T.S Elliot and F. Scott Fitzgerald I was reminded that I had read all these writers (mostly for English papers) and enjoyed them. They also talked about artists such as Picasso and Dali (not a fan) and I was reminded that I had been to various art galleries in Europe in a previous life and seen their paintings. The 1920s Paris some of the film was based in made me want to recreate their costumes and decor, and also helped to inspire some creative possibilities.
The point I am trying to make is that it is amazing how much it can inspire and help your creativity when you take some time out from your kids and watch/read/look at something inspiring. We don't get to do it very often and it makes you appreciate it all the more!
So now I am off to create beaded flapper dresses! Just kidding, but maybe sometime soon!

2 comments:

  1. oh, that movie looks great. i must admit i feel so free and able to think clearly without children around. great for the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny you saw that movie, Sara. I went to see Midnight in Paris last night too. What an amazing movie! I don't normally like Woody Allen or Owen Wilson, but it was lovely to see something that made me think a bit. And Paris looked so pretty. And I must admit the dresses were gorgeous too - I do love the 1920s style.

    ReplyDelete