Sunday, October 2, 2011

Breadmaker



My cousin Holly blogged a while back about making sourdough bread. Here at our house I am a little lazier than that, but still like to make our own bread (I would like to try the sourdough though some time!). Although making bread probably doesn't work out any cheaper than cheap bread, by making it I get to control what goes into it, and it tastes much better and actually goes stale if you don't eat it quickly because it doesn't have additives in it. I use our breadmaker A LOT!

My most commonly used and favourite recipe follows. If you have a breadmaker add the ingredients in the order listed and cook on the white bread cycle.

1 1/4 c warm water
2 t sugar
1 t salt
3 t surebake yeast
2 T oil
2 T milk powder
3 c flour (I use half wholemeal and half high grade flour)
1/4c each linseeds, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds (Pumpkin seeds are also good as are poppy seeds)

Keep an eye on it early in the mixing to ensure you don't need to add extra water or flour to get the right dough consistency. Wait 3 or so hours for it to knead and rise and cook and yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment