Saturday, October 1, 2011

Chocolate Cake



This blog seems to be rapidly morphing from a focus on crafts to home cooking! Hardly surprising as my love of cooking long preceeded my love of sewing! From my childhood I unleashed myself in the kitchen, producing tasty treats for the family and a huge mess!

Here is a recipe I have been cooking since I was a child. It came from a primary school fundraising cookbook we had. Every time I cook it I get comments about how moist and delicious it is, which is surprising since it doesn't contain any "flash" ingredients. It also makes an enormous oven tray size cake so you can freeze half for another day. Here is the recipe (I know it off my heart!):

250g butter
2 c sugar
3 c flour
3 T cocoa
2 t baking soda
2 c milk
1 1/2 t vanilla
3 eggs
1 T white vinegar

Soften butter and cream with sugar. (I know the next few instructions are a bit different to a "normal cake") Add the dry ingredients and milk and beat for 2 mins. Beat in the eggs one by one. Beat in the vinegar and vanilla essence. Pour into a greased and lined oven tray and bake at 180 C about 30 mins.

2 comments:

  1. Liz Made this lastnight - it was delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this and put some in the freezer a couple of days ago. I've never frozen a cake before (they don't normally last that long and they aren't normally so huge) and so when we wanted more I put it in the microwave and brunt it. The whole house smelt burnt. Stop laughing. But it is a nice, inexpensive choc cake.

    ReplyDelete