Sunday, December 4, 2011

Buba's new wardrobe

Yesterday Nathan took the girls away for the WHOLE DAY! My biggest break from them since Ellie was born I think. He went to his parents house and Chipmunks and I went to the gym and pottered around the house. The main thing I wanted to achieve was making dolls clothes for Mia's dolls. It is near impossible to find decent patterns, either on the internet or paper patterns. I wanted simple, easy to put on and off, modern clothes, not frou-frou dresses!

This is Buba:



Because of this I have been working on patterns to fit Mia's doll "Buba" for a while now. They are basically scaled down baby and toddler patterns, but I made mock ups of each pattern for the doll, and then adjusted them to fit better. Yesterday I used the final patterns to make Buba an entire wardrobe:




The patterns I made were a knit top that can be long or short sleeved, a trousers pattern that can be shortened to shorts, a dress pattern and a tights pattern that can be shortened. I had fun making them, but they are quite time consuming, even though you don't have to pay as much attention to finishes or details!

Here is Buba modelling her gears:


Yellow shorts with pink floral back pockets and green striped T-shirt with heart

Green striped T and tights that can be worn as PJs


With the dress over:


Long sleeved top, ladybird skirt and short tights with a heart on the bum:





This morning Mia and I wrapped them up and put them under the tree "To Buba and Dolly (the 2nd down the pecking order Doll!) From Mia. Lets hope they like them!!

3 comments:

  1. OMG these are fabulous Sara! I bet Mia was stoked! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are following on from your great grandmother Sara, well done you. I remember as a child Granny visiting from England and bring a wardrobe of doll's clothes with her for Jane and I (actually probably more for Jane but I remember loving them). Mia will just think they are fantastic. PS I hope this comment works, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous! great job!! What a kitted out dolly!

    ReplyDelete