Thursday, June 9, 2011

Girl's dress from Men's shirt - sewing together

So once I had my dress pieces I had to sew them together. It was pretty simple. This is what I did:

1. Stitch the front and back together at the shoulders, right sides together, using zig zag.


2. Sew large straight stitches in the top and bottom of the sleeves, which I used to gather them.






    3. Gather the top of the sleeves to fit the arm holes and sew them on, right sides together using zig zag.







    4. Cut straight bands to fit around M's arms from the sleeves. Make sure they aren't too tight! I then ironed these in half and gathered the bottom of the sleeves to fit the bands and stitched them together using zig zag again. Give them an iron so they look good.










    5. Stitch up the sides and the bottom of the sleeves using zig zag.


    6. All joined together, now you just need to add the finishing touches!!











No comments:

Post a Comment